Cleopatra Stratan (born 2003), daughter of Romanian singer, Pavel Stratan, is one of the youngest people ever to score commercial success as a singer, with her 2006 album "La vârsta de trei ani" ("At the age of 3").
Pavel Stratan, father of Cleopatra, was in a studio recording a song and as 3 years old Cleopatra was hanging around the studio. One time she grabbed a microphone and started singing the song along Pavel. Everybody was so stunned that they ended up recording the song with Cleopatra as main vocals rather than Pavel. The song was "Mama" ("Mother"). After that Cleopatra recorded several other songs, basically a full album, and had some concerts as well. She is amazing on the stage as well as in studio. Some suggest that as she is younger than Shirley Temple, she should go in the Guinness Book of World Records as the youngest talent ever (3 years old) to perform on stage, have her own album and already record several videos. In Romania, Moldova, and also around the world (her songs have already been translated to English and Spanish) there seems to be growing a tremendous fan base.
"La vârsta de trei ani" ("At the age of 3") was a double platinum disk in the summer of 2006. As of 2006, Cleopatra's biggest hit is the song "Ghiţă".

Ghitzä is short nickname for George.
The song translation:

"My little coat hangs on a hook
Outside the sun seems to be doomed
Nothing has been good since
I've been thinking about Ghita.
But Ghita is not in the village
I inquired about it.
It appears to me that he is gone,
Over the border...

It's hard, very hard for me,
I want, but I don't know what I want.
I know that you like me,
Tell me, Ghita, why are you silent?
Either come or go,
Either say yes or no,
Please don't get on my nerves,
Ghita, what's going on with you?

REF:
Ghita, I'll wait for you this evening at the door gate
Beside the door gate of the school.
Come, but don't come as usual, empty-handed.
Who is waiting for you just like I do?
The whole evening is only for you.
Ghita, show me a girl who loves you this much!"

marți, 10 iulie 2007

GHITA BY CLEOPATRA STRATAN

Niciun comentariu: